Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Kitschy Coo Comino Cap Top!!

Are you ready for another blockbuster pattern from Kitschy Coo?? May I present the Comino Cap Top and Dress! I started off with the top version. I'll show you the dress next.
This pattern features a contrast yoke with a cute, sweetheart neckline, cap sleeves and a semi-fitted shape. The neckline and sleeves are finished with bands, in true Kitschy Coo style.
The top is semi fitted through the torso and fitted in the bust. It fits me well without an FBA, but worked beautifully for the smaller busted testers too.
This is mostly a quick and easy sew, although the point at the front of the sweetheart panel does require some precision. It isn't hard, and Amanda's instructions are very complete. I think a confident beginner could easily handle this pattern. There is also a version without the sweetheart panel that is super quick and easy to whip up.
For this, my first version I chose a beefy interlock from Chez Ami for the main body and a metallic doubleknit from Mood for the contrast panel. Since my fabrics were both fairly heavy, I went up a size from my typical Kitschy Coo size.
Of course, I knew this pattern would be a winner, but it has already become a total workhorse in my wardrobe. It is comfortable and cute, fun to make and to wear.
Well, what are you waiting for?? Go get yours!

3 comments:

CapitalChic said...

Oooh I love your colour choices! This looks like a great pattern.

Kristy Chan said...

Very nice, I love the fabrics you picked - the blue really pops against the metallic.

NZ sew said...

Super cute!!! Someday I will have to make one- or more!